“We read to know we are not alone.” — C.S. Lewis
There are several reasons I’d like to write a blog:
- Track my thinking process over time.
- I think it’s easy to lie to yourself about your past performance, especially around investing and professional matters. Having a written record helps prove or disprove this.
- Having an audience tightens the logic.
- When I write for an audience, I have to try to anticipate questions or challenges to the logic I’m using.
- Get feedback, suggestions and criticism.
- Sadly, I don’t know everything and hopefully putting ideas out in a public space will solicit feedback to make them better or get rid of them if they are truly bad.
Topics I’m considering
- Investing & trading
- I’m very interested in various aspects of investing. I spent 8-9 years making markets in equity derivates and trade a bit still so this is an ongoing area of curiosity.
- Machine Learning and Automation
- I currently work as a consultant helping businesses implement machine learning and automation in their businesses. I’m very interested in potentials combinations with investing.
- I’ve had a pretty circuitous career path between finance and consulting with occasional consideration of doing medicine. I really enjoy learning about what people do for a living and how they found their niche.